Job Title: Proposal Writer
Reports to: CEO
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
The Nile Project seeks an experienced proposal writer to join its team. Candidate must have extensive experience in international development proposal writing and demonstrable ability to review and write complex proposals from start to finish. Technical experience in the following sectors is preferred: environment, arts, higher education and conflict transformation.
- Basic knowledge of current trends and initiatives in international development funding
- Excellent skills in analyzing new funding opportunities; RFA’s and RFP’s
- Strong writing skills and a systematic handling of the proposal process
- Minimum 3-years experience with institutional proposal writing
- Strong organizational skills and a systematic approach to solving challenges
- End-to-end experience in writing proposals, including a clear understanding of how to strategically read an RFA, key roles and responsibilities on a proposal development team, and proven capacity to deliver high quality, winning proposals.
- Experience working on water issues
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a remote/virtual team with a wide range of work styles
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work calmly under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual agility and demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task with precision
- Strong communication skills, particularly listening ability and willingness to learn from others
The Proposal Writer will report directly to the Nile Project CEO. Reporting tools will be agreed upon with the CEO in the beginning of his/her mandate.