Job Title: University Program Coordinator
Reports to: University Program Manager
Workload: Part Time
Location: Ethiopia (Addis or Bahir Dar)
Start Date: November 1, 2016
To Apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The University Program Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of Nile Project university activities including theNile Fellows Program, Nile Project Clubs, and Nile Project Communities in Ethiopia. The program coordinator will be the main point of contact for all University Program staff and partners in Ethiopia.
About the Nile Project University Program
Building on the success of its Music Program, the Nile Project has launched its University Program in 6 cities across the Nile Basin in Fall 2016. These cities are Cairo and Aswan in Egypt, Bahir Dar in Ethiopia, Nairobi in Kenya, Kampala in Uganda and Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. During its first year, the Nile Project University Program will consist of:
Fellowships for 24 student leaders at 6 partner universities: This unique 12-month fellowship is designed to provide exceptional students with transformative opportunities and learning experiences at the intersection of environmental sustainability, community development, citizen diplomacy and conflict transformation.
6 Nile Project Clubs at partner universities: Each Nile Fellows cohort will establish a University Chapter on their respective campus to offer a suite of activities that inspire Nile learning, explore environmental solutions to Nile challenges, and facilitate student collaborations across the Nile Basin.
6 Nile Project Communities: The Nile Project will work with faculty advisors and local partners to identify communities where university students can design and implement projects focusing on food sustainability. These community-based projects will provide both students and community members with the opportunity to develop innovative solutions that can then be scaled across the Nile Basin.
- Assist in designing University Program activities and corresponding evaluation frameworks
- Lead the planning and implementation of university-related activities in Ethiopia
- Manage relationships with university and program partners in Ethiopia
- Work with other program leads to ensure cohesion of cross-cutting Nile Project activities.
- Oversee external communication efforts (both online and offline) related to University Program
- Participate in weekly University Program staff meetings
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with the Nile Fellows in Ethiopia
- Ensure team cohesion, communication and efficiency
- Build staff capacity through trainings and mentorship
- Conduct performance reviews for staff members
- Champion organizational culture based on Nile Project values
- Lead financial planning and oversee financial management for university program activities
- Ensure strong fiscal responsibility and accountability
- Work closely with senior staff on budget decisions and monitoring financial flows
- Manage external relations including vendors and contracts
Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Work with program and development teams to define financial requirements and fundraising strategy
- Research prospect donors and keep abreast of relevant funding opportunities
- Write donor reports and ensure donor recognition based on contractual benefits
Skills & Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of relevant program management experience
- Demonstrable experience in leading university-level clubs or extracurricular programs
- Good understanding of Nile environmental, political, and cultural landscape
- Education and / or practical experience in water, food, or environmental sustainability
- Project Management experience
- Program fundraising experience a plus
- Strategic, accountable and organized
- Proactive, energetic, highly-motivated and autonomous
- Able to express complex concepts clearly
- Good listener, quick learner and can think on their feet
- Creative and problem solver
- Entrepreneurial and will do what it takes to achieve desired results
- Fluent in written and spoken Amharic and English
The Program Coordinator will report to the Nile Project University Program Manager. Reporting tools will be agreed upon in the beginning of his/her mandate.