Job Title: University Program Coordinator
Reports to: University Program Manager
Workload: Full Time
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Travel Requirements: Travel to Aswan based on activity
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
The University Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing the Nile Project University Program activities with the Nile Fellows, University Chapters, and Partner Communities. The Program Coordinator will report to the Nile Project University Program Manager and will act as the main contact between the students and the Nile Project team.
About the Nile Project University Program
Building on the success of its Music Program, the Nile Project has launched its University Program in 6 cities across the Nile Basin in Fall 2016. These cities are Cairo and Aswan in Egypt, Bahir Dar in Ethiopia, Nairobi in Kenya, Kampala in Uganda and Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. During its first year, the Nile Project University Program will consist of:
- Fellowships for 24 student leaders at 6 partner universities: This unique 12-month fellowship is designed to provide exceptional students with transformative opportunities and learning experiences at the intersection of environmental sustainability, community development, citizen diplomacy and conflict transformation.
- 6 Nile Project Clubs at partner universities: Each Nile Fellows cohort will establish a University Chapter on their respective campus to offer a suite of activities that inspire Nile learning, explore environmental solutions to Nile challenges, and facilitate student collaborations across the Nile Basin.
- 6 Nile Project Communities: The Nile Project will work with faculty advisors and local partners to identify communities where university students can design and implement projects focusing on food sustainability. These community-based projects will provide students and community members with the opportunity to develop innovative solutions that can then be scaled across the Nile Basin.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan for all University Program activities
- Partner with the University Program Manager to ensure the timely implementation of planned programs and activities
- Assist in designing activities and corresponding evaluation frameworks
- Lead the implementation of program activities
- Work with other program leads to ensure cohesion of cross-cutting Nile Project activities.
- Participate in weekly University Program staff meetings
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with each Nile Fellows cohorts
- Ensure team cohesion, communication and efficiency
- Conduct performance reviews for staff members
- Champion organizational culture based on Nile Project values
- Ensure strong fiscal responsibility and accountability
- Calculate required budget for planned activities
- Provide the Administration Coordinator with required procurement documents for activity related expenditure such as quotations, purchase orders, payment receipts etc.
- Implement the procurement process for activity related expenses
- Contract service providers and make purchases based on quality and quotations received
Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Work with program and development teams to define financial requirements and fundraising strategy
- Research prospect donors and keep abreast of relevant funding opportunities
- Write donor reports and ensure donor recognition based on contractual benefits
Skills & Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of relevant program planning, management and coordination experience
- Demonstrable experience in leading university-level clubs or extracurricular programs
- Good understanding of Nile environmental, political, and cultural landscape
- Education and / or practical experience in water, food, or environmental sustainability
- Project Management experience
- Program fundraising experience a plus
- Strategic, accountable and organized
- Proactive, energetic, highly-motivated and autonomous
- Able to express complex concepts clearly
- Good listener, quick learner and can think on their feet
- Creative and problem solver
- Entrepreneurial and will do what it takes to achieve desired results
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
The Program Coordinator will report to the Nile Project University Program Manager. Reporting tools will be agreed upon in the beginning of his/her mandate.